THE DEADLINE FOR THE 2019 AWF –TRIDENT UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IS APPROACHING – HELP US GET THE WORD OUT
The AWF – Trident University Scholarship Program provides full-ride scholarships to women soldiers, past and present, and their lineal descendants to help them attain their educational goals. The Trident University Scholarship Program annually provides full ride scholarships for one (1) student pursuing a bachelor’s degree and one (1) student pursuing a graduate degree. Scholarships are awarded only for coursework from Trident University.
For more information on Trident University, visit www.trident.edu/awf. Scholarships are based on merit, academic potential, community service, letters of recommendation, and need. We are now accepting applications for 2019. The postmark deadline is June 30, 2019.
Applicant must be a woman who has served or is serving honorably in the U.S. Army, U.S. Army Reserve, Army National Guard or the child/lineal descendant of a woman who served honorably in the U.S. Army, U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard.
- Undergraduate Scholarship: Applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better for all prior coursework.
- Graduate Program Scholarship: Applicant must have achieved an Undergraduate degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Selection of the Trident University Legacy Scholarship recipients are made by the Scholarship Committee appointed by the Board of Directors of the U.S. Army Women’s Foundation. The scholarship will cover tuition and fees and renewed annually until the course of study is completed (graduation) if GPA requirements are maintained.
- Scholarships are awarded only to students attending Trident University and upon selection, the recipient(s) must apply directly to Trident University for admission. Each recipient must start matriculation within 6 months of selection. Visit www.trident.edu/awf for more info. If the applicant does not meet the admission standards of Trident University, the award of the scholarship is voided.
- The nature of the course of study, its speed of completion, and coursework requirements will be arranged by the Student(s) and Trident University. It shall be each Student’s responsibility to comply with all terms and conditions of the Trident Enrollment Agreement and Disclosure.
- Books and supplies required by a program are not covered by the scholarships.
- Trident will also provide students with recruiting benefits through Trident’s Career Advising and Development Center.
- If selected, AWF Trident University Legacy Scholarship recipients are to provide: a) a photograph and a statement for use in AWF publications, newsletter, website, social media, and marketing materials, etc. and b) follow-up information and feedback as to how the AWF Trident Scholarship assisted in their education for use in AWF research and marketing.
LIST OF REQUIRED MATERIALS:
- Online Application – This form is required and MUST be submitted online. Individuals may apply for only one scholarship.
- Commander’s verification of active duty or qualified documentation of the sponsor or woman’s service (e.g. Dept. of Defense Form DD-214, Discharge Documents, Active Service Documents, etc.)
- An official transcript from most recent educational program.
- An essay, 2 pages or less, typed, double-spaced, highlighting why the applicant should be considered for this scholarship. The essay must address future plans as related to the applicant’s selected program of study and must include pertinent information in assessing an applicant’s other areas to include community service, activities, and work experience. The applicant must also address specifically how the Army has impacted their life and/or goals.
- Two letters of recommendation (on letterhead) with titles and contact information are required. Letters of recommendation should demonstrate why a Trident Scholarship should be awarded to the specific student.
- All materials MUST be labeled with applicant’s name and postmarked NLT the June 30, 2019 deadline for consideration and selection.
- All materials should be sent directly to: USAWF Scholarship Committee P.O. Box 5030 Fort Lee, VA 23801
- Any application not meeting all required criteria WILL BE DISQUALIFIED and NOT CONSIDERED.