The Foundation manages the Army Women’s Foundation Scholarship Program which provides scholarships to women soldiers, past and present, and Legacy Scholarships to their lineal descendants to help them attain their educational goals. The Scholarship Program and Legacy Scholarship Program offers financial support in four areas: Certificate programs, Community College coursework, Undergraduate Degrees, and Graduate Degrees. Each year the Scholarship Committee determines the number of scholarships issued and amounts. You can view information on eligibility and application deadlines by clicking on the General Information tab above.
What scholarship programs do you offer? How much are the scholarships for, and are they renewable? How do I know if I am eligible for one of them?
Review the information about the Army Women’s Foundation’s scholarship program thoroughly. Any incomplete applications, including the supporting required documents, will be disqualified.
No, you must submit your application on-line only. The following supporting documentation must be mailed.
- Short Essay
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Commander’s verification of active duty or qualified documentation of the sponsor or woman’s service (e.g. Department of Defense Form DD-214)
Following the application deadline, the scholarship committee will begin the review process. This process concludes around the end of February. Applicants who were selected to receive a scholarship will be notified by early March. If additional information is needed you will be contacted.
Volunteer scholarship selection committees review all applications and select recipients based on availability of funds and the competitiveness of the applicant pool. Competition for scholarships is strong and meeting minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee funding.
The Foundation is unable to provide feedback on individual applications
No, we can only accept one scholarship application per applicant.
- Notify the Foundation of a change in address, change major, and transfer schools within two weeks of the change or if you stop attending school.
- Reply promptly to requests for information.
- Sign and return the Acceptance and release statement.
- Send us a high resolution photograph and statement for Foundation use.
- Provide us your institution’s address that processes scholarship funds.
- Follow-up information and feedback for AWF research and marketing.
The scholarship can be used for any educational expenses: tuition and fees, books and supplies, on-campus room and board.
Scholarship checks are sent directly to your school’s student accounts or financial aid office. If your scholarship check has not been issued to your school on your behalf; please contact the Foundation as we may be missing documentation needed to process a payment. Refund of unused scholarship funds are to be returned to the foundation.
Scholarships are not renewable, but you may re-apply for a scholarship if you have only previously received one certificate studies, community college, or undergraduate degree.
Yes. Thank you notes are highly encouraged. You may address your thank you note to “Scholarship Committee” and mail it to:
Army Women’s Foundation
P.O. Box 5030
Fort Lee, VA 23801